I have been training for a month!
Well, what have we learned in one month?
- I listen almost exclusively to musicals on my runs (and, let’s be honest, in life).
- I really actually enjoy running! It’s my me-time. I can let my mind run free! It’s like I’m Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, except instead of a corner and a chair, I have a pair of candy apple red running shoes, and an iPhone.
- Eating in the first 30 minutes after a run + gentle stretching after a run is finished + running at a sustainable pace = pretty much no sore muscles!
- I can wear itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny shorts in front of audiences of 50, 7 times a week, and no one vomits.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation is an outstanding childrens’ wish-granting organisation, inspired by one sick boy’s last wish.
- Starlight Childrens’ Foundation is also an incredible wish-granting organisation that has multiple programs in place that include so much more than wish-granting alone!
- All of the wisdom and inspiration in the history of the world can be summed up in Disney Quotes.
- When a runner goes a week without much running, it feels like a week without much brushing her teeth. (Yuck.)
- I can share a large Pizza Hut pizza, nachos, potato wedges, and cookie dough with a friend and lose 2 lbs. (True story.)
- Map My Run is the best app ever.
- I sleep like a friggin baby.
- I practically radiate endorphins.
- It’s very expensive keeping up with my newfound appetite.
- I need a massage.
- I probably need a fanny pack. *shudders*
- Having a positive attitude initially is all you need to get the ball rolling. Soon, you’ll be gagging to get some exercise, not putting it off.
- Most of my exercise clothes are black – this needs to change!
- As a female in South London, you get sexually harassed 6-7 times on your walk to the supermarket. As a female running in South London, you can expect this number to triple on every run. Loud headphones are a godsend.
- I am never going to be a foot model. Woe is me.
- With every passing day, I get a little more excited about The Walt Disney World Marathon in January. I have something wonderful to look forward to!